And finally, September is here! I’m so ready for Fall, sweater weather and to not be drenched in sweat at all hours of the day.
It’s been a while since I’ve shared a goal setting post here, and I think it’s time to get back to these monthly round ups.
I’ll be labeling this feature Daily, Weekly, Monthly –or DWM for short, to coincide with how I structure and set my goals. You can read more on that here, but basically, I divide them into things I’d like to do on a daily or weekly basis, and things that should just be done by the end of the month.
- Drink 120oz of water. Hair, skin, mind and body all feel ten times better when I’m actually hydrated during the day. I’ve been letting this slip and definitely feeling the impact.
- Journal and pray in the mornings. It’s a really short part of my day, but starting out with this instead of emails or Instagram does amazing things for my overall attitude and mindset.
- Make meals (especially breakfast) at home and take to go (if necessary). This one always takes discipline. I’ve been in a bit of a lazy funk lately, which makes reaching for a takeout menu that much easier. But as I’m in the process of getting back to me, I need to get back to cooking again.
I think all of these translate to take better care of yourself.
- Workout 3 times a week. I’ve slowly been getting back into exercising regularly. Taking it slow and letting myself build up to more has always worked best for me, so I’m starting small. I’ve been taking a cardio kickboxing class lately that has been KICKING by butt!
- Get laundry done every weekend. For the longest, laundry was my favorite chore. I’m not sure when it became my most dreaded, but it’s time to break the cycle (and excuse to “emergency shop”).
- Meal plan and meal prep. An essential step to getting back to making meals at home again. Part of the draw to ordering takeout is that you don’t have to think about it. I feel the same way when I build my own menus and have everything on hand and prepped.
- Get more settled into the apartment. I expect that my little space will be much further along by the end of the month.
- Relaunch the newsletter. It’s taken me a while to brainstorm ways to bring the mail drop back to life and make it something worth opening. I think I’ve finally come up with a new strategy and direction, and will be working to bring it back by the end of the month!
If you’re setting goals now that the new month is here, feel free to share them with me in the comments. And if you use a similar set up to organize how to divide and accomplish your goals, let me know how it’s working for you!