The mornings are a really important part of my day. How much I get done before noon is a good indicator of how the rest of the day will flow. When it comes to Monday mornings, starting well typically means finishing strong come Friday, and having a really easy weekend with lots of tea and Netflix.
Early riser is pretty synonymous with my name, but I’ve found that even rising before the sun does not mean you’ll be productive, or that your morning will flow as planned. There have been days when I wake up as scheduled, only to get caught up in my Instagram or Twitter feeds, wasting moments meant for other tasks. Distraction is a downer. So, I’ve challenged myself to create this list of 20 time savers, to help you and I have really awesome and easier mornings.
Because rough mornings lead to tough afternoons and uneasy evenings –and that’s no fun.
1. Make a big dinner and package leftovers as tomorrow’s lunch so you can grab & go (saves time and money).
2. Set the coffee maker to automatic so that your first cup (of many, I’m sure) is ready when you are. BONUS: Keep your travel mug/cup next to the coffee maker and clean it the night before so it’s ready, too.
3. Create a morning playlist. The changing songs will keep you conscious of the time flow, and you’ll recognize where you should be in your routine based off of the song playing.
4. Place your keys & wallet on top of something you don’t want to forget (like your breakfast bar or those important papers).
5. Avoid checking your phone until you’re completely ready. If your phone is your alarm, consider a traditional alarm clock to cut temptation.
6. Keep breakfast items at the front of the fridge/cabinet for easy access.Keep Reading